Tuesday 3 July 2012

Done And Dusted, Upwards And Onwards

Why have such limitations? 
I like that it's almost infinite, 
The sea doesn't do it for me.
Why have a horizon you'll never reach? 
I say goodbye to the sky. 
The forever flowing hills 
Eddy so dynamically, 
As the sections pour through grids, 
Into ever evolving expanses of foliage forms 
Sprouting from the soil, 
An earthy flesh. 
An ultimate display of power and elegance.
A feminine finesse, 
A masculine might. 
Poised
Like a green haired being. 
A giant, if you will.
My minds eye sees it sprint.

Acrylic, chalk and charcoal on canvas


Acrylic, chalk, charcoal and conte on canvas


Acrylic, chalk, charcoal and conte on canvas


Acrylic, chalk, charcoal and conte on board


Acrylic, chalk and charcoal on card


It's been a while since I've posted... well, not that  long, but lots has happened, its been a fast paced month or so. The above pictures are my final pieces for my final major project for college and in part are the results of many late nights (by late nights i mean going to bed in the early hours of the morning) but now college is done and out the way, so i can continue on my own path, doing my own thing!! The final exhibition went well too, my class exhibited with some A level photography students, the privet view was a lot of fun. :)

Ive also entered the real world beyond education by moving out and living with a friend in a town, rather than in the middle of nowhere, which is brilliant! shops within 20 metres instead of 3 miles!! its great :')

Thanks for visiting my blog!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

#1 and #4 are my favs. Congrats on completing school and finding a place to live that you like. Good luck with your work, I think your work is really awesome!

Fred Spratt said...

thank you so, so much Sheri!

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Fabulous pieces, Fred.

Congratulations too for completing school.

Ann Knickerbocker said...

Fred,
These are wonderful, strong pieces!! You seem to have found your own pathway here... keep going!! Very nice about graduation and the move... you are heading in great directions.

Fred Spratt said...

thank you very much Ann and Carol! :D

Carole Reid said...

Many late nights and the goal of finishing school have done you well. I hope your path leads you to wonderful creative things. Moving out and being near the shops will also be inspiring for you. All the best to you, Fred.

Fred Spratt said...

Thank you Carole, its much appreciated! :)